Monday, March 3, 2014

The Brush (A Metafiction Dabble)

This magic in my hand creates galaxies, my love. Meteors and constellations with the flick of a wrist, stars we could walk across if I just wish it. The sun, a creation of the brightest yellows, is hot against my palm, but I hold it and place it in my world so you can have light. I float amongst the stars. Planets arise from the movement of my palm. Rocks on fire shoot across the darkness that the stars haven’t reached. I want to show you the black hole, gaping and swirling with its suction into nothingness. Do not be afraid, dear. The hole cannot suck us in from where we are. I am your defense against the doom it brings. I am the magic surrounding everything you touch.

    I am the master of this world. A god with a canvas. What I want to exist comes to life.There is a milky way, swirling and pulsing with life and when all these planets are here, I will take you on a walk across our moon. My earth swirls with blues and greens. It's enticing enough to leap from this moon and free fall into its atmosphere. Touch a star. Allow it to illuminate your fingertips. Let it give the people of my Earth something to gaze at when the moon shields the sun. Above me, I’ve created a constellation that spells the letters out in your name. If this galaxy I’ve created in the palm of my hand is not worthy of you, then wrap your arm around my waist. Hold the magic in my hand. Let us create a galaxy together. 

-ZM

No comments:

Post a Comment