Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Intro

He told me, "Don't keep talking about it. Do it. If you just talk, it's just bullshit."

Here I am, two weeks later, finally building enough backbone to start an intro to my semi-secret obsession.

  I don't really have an explanation for why I've been hiding the fact that I write almost every day. It's not because I'm ashamed of this skill, or because I don't think my work is good enough. This was just one of those things that I wanted to keep close to myself, but now I feel that the real fun and challenge is in sharing and allowing others to take a look into what I think about on the daily basis. 

 There's something intimate about having alternate worlds spinning in your head with characters traversing and living in these worlds that you've made up. They're based off of your heart, your daily experiences, your dreams of the future and the "What ifs" that we all have at the end of the day. You feel pleasure when their lives come together, their worlds hit changes that life brings, their endings sporadic and not always complete. I used to think that people wouldn't really understand how these creations could come to be over things as simple as daily objects, but now that I'm older I've realized that even though people may not understand the full process, they can still respect the end result.

As a writer, if I can feel pleasure and entertainment by sitting and putting a pen to paper, why not allow others to read and hopefully get the same feeling? You don't really know unless you try and I'm ready to begin the adventure.

With that being said, welcome into my little project of courage.

I hope you enjoy reading these stories as much as I enjoy writing them.


Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment